Your Privacy -
Our Privacy and Collection Policy
Aaron Jones, trading as Jones Talent ID, only collects Personal Information, including sensitive information, if it is necessary for the performance of our services. We do this in line with the National Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Your personal information is information or opinion that identifies you or allows you to be readily identified. Personal information that is sensitive includes information relating to health, ethnicity or criminal record and this can, in most cases, only be collected with consent.
The type of information we may collect includes your name and contact details, residency, languages, employment details, skills, qualifications, education, professional associations and memberships.
Jones Talent ID will only collect necessary personal information and we will collect it fairly and in line with the National Privacy Principles.
Collecting Your Information
Your Personal Information will be collected by Jones Talent ID to assist us and our clients determine your suitability for employment, to notify you of opportunities we believe may be of interest to you or ensure your information is up-to-date.
Your Personal Information may be collected in various ways, including:
- When you complete our registration form, either online or in person, and through our application and interview process. This includes when you apply to us through third party websites and Job Boards.
- When we, or our client, undertake references about you.
- Through discussions with people connected with you, for example former employers or employees, other work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies.
- From any testing, including psychometric, skills or medical.
- From performance feedback, for example after you start in a new position.
- When you supply us with any additional information.
If you don’t allow us to collect your Personal Information it may limit our ability to present you to opportunities and secure you a new role.
Using Your Information
Your information will only be used in the performance of our services. Therefore, your information may be used in connection with:
- Finding you a new career or contract role.
- Preparing contract documentation - by us or a client who has offered you a role.
- The on-boarding process for a new role.
- Identifying training opportunities.
- Any insurance claim or other legal matter.
Disclosing Your Information
Confidentiality is fundamental to our business, however we will need to disclose your information to certain people and in certain circumstances:
- To potential employers.
- To actual employers.
- To our insurance company.
- Through our operating system, which is hosted on our supplier’s secure servers.
- To other people with a lawful reason to obtain your personal information.
Access to Your Personnel Information
You have the right to see and be given a copy of the personnel information we hold about you, subject to some exceptions detailed in the National Privacy Principle 6 – Access and Correction.
If you determine that the personnel information we hold on you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take all reasonable steps to correct the information as soon as possible.
If we are unable to agree that the information is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may request that we place a statement with that information stating your claim about the information.
Please contact our Privacy Officer if you require access to your information or wish to correct information – there is a fee of $80 plus GST for providing access but not for simply lodging a request or update. We provide an online Members area at www.jonestid.com.au/search.php where you can control key items of personal information and ensure its accuracy.
Jones Talent ID,
Level 27, 101 Collins St,
Melbourne, Vic 3000
Phone – 03 9653 4500